Tuesday 5 April 2016

It All Started With a Simple Sentence

It all started with a simple sentence.
"Was that an earthquake, or did you just rock my world?"
I guess you could say it was both because I fell hard. Really hard. Nothing meant as much to me as to wake up to a text from her saying that she wished me a good day and that she loved me. It wasn't anything overly romantic but it made me happy and loved and it made me feel warm. We used to talk to talk way into the night waiting for 11:11 so we could make a wish, but I didn't need to because I already had everything I could wish for and more. I caught myself thinking about her 24/7, about her smile, about her eyes, about her laugh, about all the time I wanted to spend with her. I still think about those things, but I stop myself because I know that the morning text that made me feel so special wasn't going to come, that staying up 'til 11:11 only made me wish for her back, that I'd never be able to see her smile, her eyes and her laugh again. Just as it started with one simple sentence, it ended with one too.
"so I guess goodbye..."


Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment (all comments are subject to moderation). Writers work alone and often do not get the feedback they yearn for. Please be polite and constructive. Or, better still, send in your own poem and let us see what you got!